Bekker Equestrian Academy offers 22 brick stables, large paddocks and plenty of natural grazing. Arena facilities include a floodlit dressage arena (60m x 20m), show jumping arena (70m x 80m), a cross country arena and a mounted archery track. Other facilities include a lunge ring, feed room, wash bays, secure tack room and bathrooms (including showers) located close to all amenities.
The yard is run by a dedicated team who take pride in ensuring the well-being of all equine residents. The team is managed and supervised by Jenna assuring you the best care and attention your horse or pony deserves.
- Daily grooming
- Meals as per individual horse’s requirements
- Eragrostis/Teff ad-lib. Extra aragrostis/teff is provided in the stables and paddocks during wintertime
- Morning turn-out in large grassy paddocks for the day
- Use of facilities, including all arenas
- Horses are checked on throughout the day – last checks are done at 21:00
- Owner and yard manager reside on the property, ensuring that 24-hour care is always available
- A farrier with an outstanding reputation (who assesses the foot anatomy, type of work, and breed) visits as scheduled
- A meticulously planned vaccination routine is followed
- Medication (when needed) is administered by the yard manager, ensuring correct dosage at the right time
- During summer, tick treatment is applied twice a week, and fly spray daily (included in stabling fee)
- Basic wound cleaning/disinfection (which includes administering milking cream or purple spray to minor wounds, burns, scalds, and minor injuries) whenever needed
- Upon your approval, Bekker Equestrian Academy organises dentists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, saddle fitters, and nutritionists
- Show preparation can be arranged at an extra cost, which includes bathing, pulling of the mane, trimming and plaiting
- Our laundry service is available for washing of blankets, numnahs, boots, etc.
- Tack repairs can also be organized by the laundry service
- A horsebox is available for rent, as well as transport to and from shows and other locations (when required)
- Exercising the horse(s) can be done on request, through lunging, long-lining or riding, at additional cost